Tampa location for Easter Community Meal for Homeless and Hungry families on Saturday, March 26 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Address is 2002 N. Florida Avenue in Tampa.
Metropolitan Ministries volunteers and staff will feed thousands of homeless and hungry families this Easter weekend with the help of community. The hot Easter meals will be served on Saturday, March 26th from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Outreach and Prevention Center.
“Easter is a special time of year for many people, and we want to provide the community that we serve a quality meal, while treating them with dignity. When our community members come here on Saturday we want them to feel like they are in one of Tampa’s finest restaurants that provides excellent food and quality service.” – Karl Celestine, Senior Director of Outreach and Preventative Services.
Here are some facts from Metropolitan Ministries:
- More than 112,000 total meals served during Easter Season (1.7 million meals annually)
- $1.96 is the cost of one hot meal
- A homeless community hot meal will be served on March 26 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at our Outreach and Prevention Center—200 homeless (singles and families) expected to attend. They will be seated at tables with Centerpieces provided by Our Daily Bread.
- 20 volunteers from First Presbyterian Church will serve the sit-down style meal to those in attendance Saturday. Glory Life Church will conduct an Easter Prayer Service.
- 2,500 hot meals will be distributed to the Tampa Bay community through 28 meal site partners in Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties. 400 Easter meals will be served at Pinellas Safe Harbor, an emergency homeless shelter and a jail diversion program designed to be a safe haven for those currently homeless and who require services to get back on their feet. Capacity is 450 people (single men and women). Pinellas Safe Harbor is managed by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. Metro supplies the meals. Click here for a list of meal site partners: http://www.metromin.org/services/meal-site-partners.pdf
- What’s cooking in the kitchen?
- 400 Pounds of Pineapple Honey Glazed Baked Ham
- 600 Portions of Chicken Breasts
- 280 Pounds of Sweet Potato Casserole
- 500 Pounds of Almond Green beans and Carrots
- 600 Orange Cranberry and Bacon Biscuits
WHERE: Metropolitan Ministries, 2002 N. Florida Ave., Tampa, FL 33602
Metropolitan Ministries also is accepting online money donations and food donations brought to their kitchen staff. If you’d like to volunteer or for more information, call 813.209.1000 or visit www.metromin.org
Source: Metropolitan Ministries News Release